Saturday, July 17, 2010

Curriculum Night Thank You's

Dear 5th grade friends,

It was such a pleasure meeting with you Friday evening. I truly believe we have started the year with a positive beginning. I'm so excited to continue to get to know each one of you.

To the parents- thank you for showing your enthusiasm and support for your child this year. I enjoyed seeing the "nods and smiles" as I spoke with you and loved listening to your hopes and remarks about the upcoming year. Please remember my open door policy and stop by the classroom when you can.

To the students- thank you for being brave and introducing yourself to me. I realize that starting school each year can be both exciting and nerve-wrecking. I just know we are going to be successful because you have already shown me that you are ready to learn and ACT!

Just a few reminders for Monday morning... remember that not all supplies have to be brought in that day. Please bring what you can and allow the rest to trickle in over the next few weeks. School starts promptly at 7:30am so I'm looking forward to greeting you in a line outside my classroom door. Have fun this weekend and get some rest. We'll begin with a discussion on the best part of our summer vacations so start thinking what your response will be.

Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday.

Smiles,
Mrs. DeBono