Monday, April 23, 2012

No More AIMS!

Hello parents!

Happy Monday.  I hope your week is getting off to a good start.  My apologies for the lack of blogging updates lately.  Blogger has changed its layouts and they have left my quite confused.  With AIMS prep and then the actual proctoring last week, coupled with my husband's unexpected liver biopsy, my mind has been a bit preoccupied.  However, we are back and ready to tackle the remaining weeks of school.

This week is back to normal.  I wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who sent in letters of encouragement, snacks and other goodies during our big testing week.  I appreciate you.  Homework returns to normal as well this week.  Many students have a homework pass because of their attendance and participation during AIMS.  It is only good this week and can only be used on the POW or science reading.  If you have any questions please let me know.

How are state reports coming along?  I feel that the mail students requested from their state's offices of tourism has subsided.  I hope all students are finding their references and using their graphic organizers.  This Friday is the first turn in day for certain sections.  Please don't wait until Thursday to ask me questions if you have them.

Email and the district server are currently down at the moment.  It is the hope of the IT department to have all systems working in the morning.  I will respond to any emails sent Monday then.  Have a great week.  Talk to you soon.

Spelling words for the week:
1. nontoxic
2. income
3. unknown
4. unusual
5. involved
6. unlike
7. inspector
8. unless
9. indeed
10. nonprofit
11. invisible
12. nonsense
13. incredible
14. uncomfortable
15. inconsistent
16. unfortunately
17. nonfiction
18. nonviolent
19. uncover
20. informal