Dear parents and students,
It's that time of year again...Benchmark week! I know all of the students have been working hard to polish and refine the skills we've learned in quarter 2 in preparation of our benchmarks. Please join me in wishing them good luck this week. Our benchmarks will begin on Tuesday and end on Thursday. The schedule is as follows:
* Tuesday- Writing Benchmark beginning at 8:20 and ending around 10:30-11:00am
* Wednesday- Reading and Writing multiple choice beginning at 8:20 and ending at 11:00am
*Thursday- Math Benchmark beginning at 8:20 and ending around 10:30-11:00am.
Please help in making sure your child is at school during these time frames. Making up a benchmark test will require your child to miss additional class time. Thank you for your support.
Due to benchmark testing, our homework is different this week. Here is the homework schedule.
Monday- Rewrite persuasive essay using the checklist provided and notes from Mrs. DeBono.
Tuesday- Benchmark reading review packet
Wednesday- Benchmark math review packet
Thursday- Study for spelling test, read for 20 minutes
Friday- spend time with your family
Spelling words for this week are as follows:
2. any way (yes, this is different from number 1)
3. all right
4. every one
5. everyone (yes, this is different from number 4)
7. all ready (yes, this is different from number 6)
8. a lot
10. it's (notice the apostrophe)
12. you're (again, notice the apostrophe)
14. whose (a lack of apostrophe here)
15. there's (there is)
16. theirs (showing possession)
18. any one (two separate words here)
20. all together (2 separate words here)