Happy some-what stormy Sunday! Below is information for this coming week of school. See you kids in the morning!
P.O.W. (This week's POW will be done in class. It is posted here for your reference).
Two frogs are hopping in the same direction one lily pad at a time. There are 18 lily pads. One frog jumped 3 lily pads at a time. The other frog jumped two lily pads at a time. If the frogs leave shore one after the other, how many lily pads will be jumped by both frogs?
Math Homework Problems
1. 7,564 x 54
4. List all factors of 81
5. Find the Least Common Multiple of 3 and 21
6. Find the Greatest Common Factor of 64 and 42
7. List all prime numbers between 75 and 100
8. List all factors of 72.
9. Find the LCM of 15, 25, and 30
10. Find the GCF of 48 and 81
11. List all composite numbers between 21 and 31
12. List all prime numbers between 40 and 50.
13. List all composite numbers between 40 and 50.
14. List all composite numbers between 45 and 60.
15. List all prime numbers below 25.
16. List all composite numbers below 25.
17. List all factors of 48.
18. List all prime numbers below 20.
19. List all composite numbers between 20 and 35.
20. List all prime numbers between 50 and 75.
(Words are from last week, only those who got less than 80% will retake the test this Friday, check Renweb for your score)
Weekly Story Vocabulary Words
1. rigging (n) the arrangement of sails on a ship, the lookout buckets and posts on a ship
2. furl (v) to tuck in tight or roll up
3. settlement (n) a small village
4. vast (adj) wide, open space
5. beams (n) the wooden, horizontal beams on a ship, holding up the sails
6. lurked (v) to hide behind
7. huddled (v) to crowd close together
Tests this week
1) School wide screening on reading, math and writing- please be present in class in the afternoon on this day, make-ups are difficult
1) math formative on prime and composite numbers,
2) reading formative on using the appropriate reference sources
3) spelling retest for those who qualify
4) reading comprehension test on "Across the Wide Dark Sea"
Weekly Homework assignments
Monday- 5 math problems, reading log, work on current event
Tuesday- 5 math problems, reading log, work on current event
Wednesday- 5 math problems, reading log, work on current event
Thursday- 5 math problems, reading log, work on current event